Contact: Ian Sterry, email@example.com or 503-823-5071
What is the Arts Card?
The Arts Card is managed by the Regional Arts & Culture Council (RACC). It offers a full 12 months of 2-for-1 (BOGO) tickets to RACC donors who contribute $60+. It is a credit card sized plastic card, and the donor’s full name and the card expiration date are printed on the back. There’s no limit on the number of times a donor may use their Arts Card throughout the 12 months. Our primary goals for the Arts Card are to 1) provide audience development and promotion for local arts and culture organizations and 2) offer RACC donors a special benefit as a thank you for their gift.
How is it different from Arts for All?
Arts for All is the $5 ticket offer for Oregon Trail Card holders through the Oregon DHS Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP.)
How do Arts Card holders get their 2-for-1 tickets?
Arts Card holders find participating events at artsimpactfund.racc.org/arts-card. Each participating organization determines what works best, but generally Arts Card holders purchase tickets from you in advance over the phone or online using a BOGO or 50% off discount code such as “artscard.” We direct Arts Card holders to present their Arts Card and Photo ID when they pick up their tickets at Will Call.
Download a flyer for your box office
We’ve prepared a handy flyer for your box office staff and volunteers that summarizes how the Arts Card works.
Who receives an Arts Card?
Most Arts Card holders are those who contribute through their company’s workplace giving or online at artsimpactfund.racc.org. These donations are additive to public funding that RACC distributes to regional arts and culture organizations as General Operating Support and Project Grants (for more info about RACC grants, visit racc.org/grants.) Workplace giving donors may also opt to designate their gift to a specific arts organization in the tri-county region and receive an Arts Card.
Current RACC board members receive an Arts Card in appreciation of their service. Occasionally, we offer an Arts Card as a thank you to other RACC volunteers who contribute a significant amount of time to our programs or a special event. Art of Leadership participants receive a 6 month complimentary Arts Card while they are enrolled. Afterwards, they are invited to donate and renew their Arts Card for a full 12 months.
How does participation work?
More than 80 arts and culture organizations in the Portland metro region participate in the Arts Card offer. Participation is 100% optional for all organizations. We always state “subject to availability” for each event. We do not include fundraisers or free events.
Here’s what we need from you:
- Offer a minimum of one ticketed event per year.
- Provide Arts Card holders with an easy way to purchase their tickets in advance, either by phone or online. Other options may be possible, we can work that out with you.
- Inform all staff and volunteers who handle ticketing about the Arts Card.
- Designate someone as your contact for working with us.
- Email us your participating events, dates, and ticket purchasing method. We prefer to receive all participating events up front, once per year. However, we’ll work together with you to set the schedule and process that works well for both of us.
- If a participating event date becomes unavailable for Arts Card tickets, please offer inquiring Arts Card holders alternative options when possible. Also, please notify us so that we can remove it from our online calendar.
- Consider promoting the Arts Card to your followers by posting a blurb to your website, social media, or e-newsletter, or offering us ad space in your program!
Visit artsimpactfund.racc.org/arts-card to see what details we include with each event listing.
What are the benefits to my organization?
The primary benefits for your organization are promotional and audience development support. Through RACC’s communication channels, we help market your events to more than 8,000 regional arts enthusiasts annually. And, since tickets are 2-for-1, Arts Card holders introduce their family, friends, and colleagues to their favorites and also try out organizations that may be new to them.
RACC Channels, Frequency, and Subscriber Counts
- Arts Card email and online events calendar, monthly, 3k+ active subscribers
- Workplace giving events and communications, throughout the year, 5k+ employees
New this year!
- RACC Art Notes E-newsletter, planning a couple of plugs per year, 6k active subscribers
- RACC Social Media, planning a couple of plugs per year:
- Facebook, 8k+ followers
- Instagram, 5k+ followers
- The Right Brain Initiative E-newsletter, planning a couple of plugs per year, 5k active subscribers
- Art of Leadership in person sessions and email communications, 1k active subscribers